This spaghetti squash was just what I needed this week when I was craving something savory! I really wanted it to be easy but full of flavor and found out the instant pot cooks the spaghetti squash in just 7 minutes! It was all so simple and a huge hit around our table! My daughter even thought it was real noodles and asked for seconds. Fair warning she is also only 2 so…you will VERY much know it isn’t a delicious carb loaded noodle. HOWEVER it is still delish!
Happy cooking, friends!
Baked Spaghetti Spaghetti Squash
Prep 10 minutes∙ Cook 30 minutes∙ Makes 8 servings∙
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 28 oz compliant spaghetti sauce ( I made my homemade marinara)
- 1 lb italian sausage
- 1 egg
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, then clean out the seeds and flesh from the inside.
- Place in instant pot with 1 cup of water for 7 minutes. (you can also bake it at 350 for 45 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Once spaghetti squash is cooked, scrape out the insides using a fork and place in a bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
- While squash cools brown the Italian sausage. Once cooked remove from pan and place on paper towel to remove excess grease.
- In same pan you just cooked the sausage, add 1 TBSP olive oil to a pan and saute diced onion and minced garlic.
- Once translucent add mushrooms and cook until done.
- Add uncooked diced zucchini and italian sausage to your veggie mixture, stir to combine, then pour your sauce right into the pan.
- After spaghetti squash has cooled add one egg and toss to combine. (if its too warm your egg will scramble)
- Grease a 9×13 pan, layer the squash on the bottom.
- Use a ladle to scoop the sauce on top of the spaghetti squash until the squash has been covered.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes!