This meal was the first dinner I made on my Whole 30 challenge. It’s a recipe from No Crumbs Left who is one of my favorite bloggers. Her instagram is so helpful and her pictures are always so beautiful!
Whole 30 takes a lot of prep and thought but when your meals come out this tasty and beautiful, it can be a fun process too! I made the marinated onions and then marinated the chicken the night before. The rest was easy! I just grilled the chicken and then chopped some veggies. Her green goddess dressing pairs so well with it too!
Happy cooking, friends!
Crispy Passport Chicken Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
Whole30 Green Goddess Dressing MAGIC ELIXIR™ Ingredients:
- 3 oil-packed anchovy filets
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 cup Whole30 mayo
- 2 handfuls basil leaves
- 4 Tbsps fresh tarragon leaves
- ¼ cup parsley
- 3 Tbsps lemon juice
- 5 Tbsps olive oil
- 2 Tbsps red wine vinegar
- 2 pinches salt
For the Passport Chicken Marinade:
- 5 Tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps dried oregano
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Everything else:
- 3 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1-2 Tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- Lettuce (use your favorite greens)
- Marinated Red Onions MAGIC ELIXIR™
1. Make the chicken marinade: combine the olive oil, oregano, garlic, lemon zest, salt and pepper together.
2. Cut the breasts in half and then into strips, so you end up with thin slices.
3. Salt and pepper thoroughly. Place in a container with the marinade and let sit for an hour, or even overnight.
4. Grill chicken or in a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat 1 Tbsps of olive oil. Sauté the chicken pieces 2 minutes on each side.
5. Assemble your masterpiece beautifully on a platter.