Guys. This roast is exceptional. The instant pot can do no wrong in my eyes…it gets this meat so tender and all the flavors from the special sauce just make it over the top for your taste buds.
I serve mine with a side of mashed potatoes per my husbands request, but you could even throw some small red or golden potatoes in for a one pot dinner. Just trust me and add this to your weekend meal plan!
Happy cooking, friends!
Instant Pot Pot Roast
Prep. 15 min Cook. 90 min Serves. 6
- 2.5-3 lb chuck roast
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped small, about 1 1/2 – 2 cups
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 Tbl minced garlic, fresh
- 3 cups beef stock
- 2 Tbl Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbl parsley, dried
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 Tbl olive oil
- 2 TBSP arrowroot or cornstarch
- 2 TBSP water
- Coat the chuck roast with 1 tsp of salt on all sides.
- Add 1-2 TBSP of avocado or olive oil to your instant pot and hit “saute”
- After oil has heated, 1-2 minutes, carefully place the roast in the pot searing for 6-9 minutes on each side. Each side should have a dark caramelized crust.
- Once seared, remove the meat from the pot and set aside.
- Hit the off switch on instant pot.
- Next, place the onions, carrots and garlic. (can also add small red potatoes if desired)
- On top of the vegetables place the seared meat and any juices that were on the plate.
- In a bowl whisk together the beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, remaining salt, pepper, thyme and parsley.
- Pour this over the meat.
- Place the pressure cooker lid on the pot and seal. Hit “meat/stew” and set timer for 90 minutes
- After 90 minutes release the pressure using the natural release method.
- Carefully remove the lid and using large slotted spoons gently remove the roast and set on a serving platter to rest. It should be fall-apart tender.
- Next, remove the carrots and onions (potatoes if added)
- But sauté button
- In a separate bowl whisk arrowroot or cornstarch and water. Then pour into the liquid left in the instant pot and stir.
- After 1-2 minutes it with thicken.
- To serve, place shredded pork roast on a plate or in a shallow bowl, serve with carrots and onion on side and pour liquid from instant pot over the top.
*I serve with a side of these mashed potatoes*