This recipe is a dinner time staple I make when I’m tired and tempted to eat out. You literally dump it all in and it comes out ready to go! Just top it with fresh parsley and parmesan.
It’s creamy and lemony and so satisfying. Once you get the hang of it you’re going to want to double it too!
Happy cooking, friends!
5 Minute Instant Pot Shrimp Paella
Prep 10 minutes ∙ Cook 5 minutes (15ish when building pressure) ∙ Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound frozen wild caught shrimp, 16-20 countshell & tail on (I was able to find peeled and detailed shrimp at Walmart!)
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice (any kind but instant rice will be fine)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Parsley
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (real salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper or to taste
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- grated parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh Parsley
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Combine all ingredients in your Instant Pot, layering the shrimp on the top.
- Secure lid, making sure valve is sealed, hit manual and set timer for 5 minutes.
- The paella can be served with the shells on the shrimp or, If you have the energy you can remove cooked shrimp from the rice and peel, then add peeled shrimp back into the rice and serve, thowing away the shells.
- Serve on a plate or in a shallow bowl with fresh parsley, grated cheese and even a squeeze of lemon juice on top.