Y’all this granola is so stinkin’ good! I first made it when I was on a vegan kick and I’m not on a vegan kick anymore but I just can’t quit this granola! It’s great as a cereal, on yogurt, in a smoothie bowl, or simply by itself! Vegan, gluten free, dairy free… magic y’all!
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 6-8 Medjool dates, pitted and finely diced
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup chopped (or slivered) almonds
- 2-3 Tbs hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds (whole or ground)
- 1/4 cup pepitos (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper
- Add maple syrup and dates to a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then reduce to low and simmer for 8-10 minutes until thicker and dates are soft. Smash the dates with a spoon against the edges of the pan to make the mixture more smooth (but not completely smooth!!). Add in the vanilla and olive oil, stir to incorporate. set aside.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix until all ingredients evenly distributed. Add in the maple syrup mixture and stir until well combined.
- Place mixture on sheet pan. Flatten out mixture to about 1/2″ thick (you may need to use an extra parchment paper to help).
- Bake for 10 minutes uncovered. Remove from oven and stir – making sure to get the edges. Flatten back out and baked for 10 more minutes, covered loosely with aluminum foil. Remove from oven and stir again. Flatten mixture back out and bake, covered, for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place sheet on a wire rack to cool. Once it is mostly cool off you can start breaking it apart.
- Once cooled completely place in an airtight container. This will keep for at least a week on the counter.