Guys- anything with bacon has my vote but add arugula and I’m ALL over it! It’s my favorite leafy green.
This quick breakfast is all made in the same pan making for an easy clean up and one yummy and nutritious breakfast!
- 1 Plantain, sliced into 1/4′ pieces
- 4 strips of whole 30 approved bacon
- 4 eggs
- Place four strips of bacon in a pan to cook, once done remove and place on a paper towel but leave the grease in the pan.
- Slice your plantain into 1/4′ sliced and place into bacon grease in your pan. cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until brown and toasty.
- Once plantains are done remove from pan onto a paper towel.
- Fry your eggs in the same bacon grease. I drop them in and once the whites don’t run, I know they are done.
- Place a handful of arugula onto a plate. Top with cooked bacon, plantains, and fried eggs.
- Green plantains are more starchy like a potato, yellow to brown plantains will be sweeter. You can buy them at your local grocery store near the bananas or an asian food market!