YOU NEED THIS PIZZA IN YOUR LIFE ASAP! I’m serious – you will not regret it! I have been making this pizza for years now – originally inspired by the Pioneer Woman (Ree forever!!) but now tweeked to our families’ needs. The hubs is so excited every. single. time. He could seriously eat the whole thing! It comes together super quick and only has to cook for 10 minutes!
My only tip is that if you are making this for a crowd – wait to top it with the cilantro. Apparently to some people it tastes like soap – so if you love cilantro you LOVE it and if you hate it you HATE it. We love, love, love it around here but for those of you who don’t – we get you, we love you, we will put it on the side… because you neeeeeed this pizza!
Thai Chicken Pizza
- 1 container store bought pizza dough (or make your own if that’s your jam!)
- 3-4 Tbs (or more) Thai Sweet Chili sauce (more if you really like things sauce-y)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced(I usually use about 3/4th a normal size zucchini
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 chicken breast, sliced and cooked in a skillet (or grilled then sliced!)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 – 1 cup cilantro leaves, optional for topping
- Bean sprouts, optional for topping
- crushed peanuts, optional for topping
Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2- 1 tsp fish sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 1″ knob fresh ginger, minced about 2 tsp – 1 Tbs
- 1-2 garlic cloves (I use 2)
- 1 tsp chili sauce (sambal, sriracha, etc) – more to taste for more spice or omit for no spice
- warm water (to thin to desired consistency)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Prepare pizza pan by spraying with cooking oil. You can use a round pizza pan or a sheet pan!
- Slice chicken breast relatively thinly, salt and pepper. Cook in skillet with olive oil over medium heat until cooked. You will dice or tear apart the chicken to top the pizza before baking. You could also grill the chicken breast or use left over grilled chicken breast and then dice to top.
- Spread pizza dough out on to your pan, pinch up the edges. Next top with Thai sweet chili sauce, spread evenly over entire surface of the pizza. Then top with cheese. I prefer shredded mozzarella because it melts better to me but feel free to use slices of fresh.
- Next add the zucchini, chicken and red onion evenly over the surface of the pizza. Bake at 500 for 10 minutes.
- While pizzas baking you can make your sauce. Add all ingredients to blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth and completely incorporated. Add warm water until reaches desired consistency. I usually add about 1/4 cup.
- Remove pizza from oven. Top with shredded carrots, cilantro, crushed peanuts, bean sprouts. You can go ahead and top all over with the peanut sauce or serve on the side for people to top themselves or dip the pizza in! Up to you – Hope you all enjoy this as much as we do!!