This meal is one of my fave Chinese take-out items to try and replicate at home! It comes together in about 30 minutes and tastes amazing! Hope you like it!
Beef + Broccoli Stir Fry
1 Lb thin sliced beef
Salt + Pepper
2 Tbs cornstarch
1-2 Tbs oil
4 cups broccoli florets
4-5 cloves garlic
½ cup thin sliced green onions, white parts – save tops
½ cup beef broth
Pinch of red pepper flakes.
Tops of green onions, sliced into 1” strips
½ cup soy sauce (coconut aminos for soy free)
¼ cup brown sugar
1 Tbs fresh ginger (optional)
2 tsp cornstarch
*increase sauce ingredients as desired for more sauce!
- Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Salt and pepper beef to taste – I am usually pretty generous. Toss beef with about 2 Tbs cornstarch. This will help the texture and tenderness of the beef.
- Heat oil over medium to medium-high heat in heavy skillet or wok. Brown the beef in batches. Remove from pan to a plate, set aside.
- Add green onion and garlic to same skillet. sauté for 1 minute, then add broccoli. Next add broth. The broth should help deglaze the pan and get all that good beef flavor incorporated. Cook until broccoli tender 6-10 minutes depending on how crunchy/soft you like your broccoli.
- Once broccoli is render add beef back in and then add sauce. Cook for 3-4 minutes until sauce is thick. You can add more broth/soy sauce/brown sugar to taste.
- Remove from heat and stir in tops of green onions and red pepper flakes if using. Serve with rice!
Note: If you use coconut aminos there will not be as much umami flavor so you may need to add more broth or salt or