For the past few months Panera’s Ancient Grain’s Salad has been my go to. It’s filling and delicious! I’m not normally a fruit on my salad kind of girl but for some reason this sweet and savory dish hits the spot with me.
While I love wracking in the points on myPanera card, my eating out budget can’t handle dropping $10 on this salad every day. Thus, this knockoff recipe was born and I’m pretty sure I nailed it.
If you’re looking for a quick, healthy and yummy lunch, look no further. You all have got to try this!
Happy cooking, friends!
Ancient Grains Salad with Grilled Chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes Servings Size: 4
- 1 pound grilled chicken breast ( I pan fried some chicken with greek chicken marinade)
- 1 Cup Cooked Forbidden Rice
- Marinated Onions
- 1/4 cup Pepitas
- 1/2 cup Grapes, halved
- 1 Apple, sliced thin
- 5 oz Arugula
- 2 cups Shredded cabbage or spring mix as filler
- Feta (optional)
- In a large bowl place arugula and shredded cabbage or spring mix, toss to combine.
- Layer grilled chicken, forbidden rice, grapes, apples, pepitas, and marinated onions as well as the feta is using.
- Serve in large bowls and top with your favorite dressing. (I used the marinade from my marinated onions)