Friends. Breakfast casserole is about to become your new best friend. It takes a prep time of maybe 10 minutes and you are on your way to a delicious breakfast for the rest of the week.
I was visiting my best friend one weekend and they served a version of this. She told me it was their go to, served with cinnamon rolls, when they have company. I was sold! I thought it was such a time saver. I left that weekend with the recipe and haven’t looked back since.
My family enjoys the yumminess, I enjoy the ease and we all enjoy the full bellies. Check out the recipe below for my version of this casserole and then once you feel comfortable alter the ingredients for your own family too!
I mostly serve this with fresh fruit but sometimes I also choose to serve this with a side of Krusteaz Cinnamon Crumb Cake, because if you remember I’m still working on my baking skills…and I have a toddler.
Happy cooking, friends!
Prep 10 minutes ∙ Makes 9×13 casserole dish ∙ Difficulty Easy
- 15 oz frozen shredded hashbrowns
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Brown breakfast sausage in a pan and set aside.
- Place semi thawed hash browns in the bottom of a greased 9×13 casserole dish.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk until combined.
- Once combined pour egg mixture over the top of the hash browns.
- Spoon cooked and crumbled breakfast sausage on top of the egg mixture, then sprinkle cheese on top of the sausage.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until cooked all the way through.
- If you’re vegetarian you can easily add various chopped veggies to this dish instead of sausage.
- Sometimes we like to sub for pepper jack cheese and then place this salsa on top when serving!
- This stores in the fridge for about a week. We cut it into squares, heat it up for 30 seconds in the microwave and we are on our way.